Game development is an intricate process that involves various stages, from conceptualization to retention and post-launch improvements. At each stage, feedback from players is crucial to ensure that your game is engaging, user-friendly, and, most importantly, fun to play. This is where PlaytestCloud comes in. We believe that playtesting is essential for every game studio to create the best games possible, no matter their size. One of the most effective ways to collect feedback is through surveys, post playtest or even just stand alone which is why we have developed 21 survey templates tailored to different objectives and stages of game development.
Why Surveys are Essential in Game Development
Surveys are data-driven studies that focus on asking players a series of questions about your game, providing insights into the players' thoughts, preferences, and experiences while playing it. These insights can help you make informed decisions about game design, narrative, usability, and more, helping you create the best game possible. With PlaytestCloud, you can access over 1 million players of all genres and demographics and often get your survey questions answered overnight, making surveys the fastest and easiest way to run new ideas by players in your target audience.
Our Survey Templates
We understand that templates are a great way to get started when you don't know where to even begin. That's why we offer 21 survey templates designed to address specific research goals and study types, including:
Survey Resources for Playtesting
- Player Recruitment: Design surveys to find reliable playtesters
- Survey questions for running great playtests
- Setting up screener surveys
- Understanding the match criteria for screener surveys
- How to invite players to your playtest based on their screener survey responses
- Survey questions to address specific research goals and study types
- Survey questions for multi-session playtests
- Survey questions for playtesting your game's tutorials and first-time user experience
- Survey questions for carrying out A/B tests on your games
- Survey questions for playtesting your endless runner game
- Survey questions for assessing your game's narrative in a playtest
- Survey questions for assessing usability in your playtest
- Survey questions for running concept tests
- Survey questions for examining retention in your playtest
- Survey questions for playtesting your metagame
- Surveys for specific game genres and types
- Survey questions for playtesting branded games or those with existing IP
- Survey questions for playtesting your PvP multiplayer gameplay
- Survey questions for playtesting your Web3 blockchain, NFT, Play to Own, and Play to Earn games
- Survey questions for playtesting your PvE multiplayer gameplay
- Survey questions for playtesting your Match-3 game
- Survey questions for playtesting your vehicle combat game
- Survey questions for playtesting your idle clicker game
- Survey questions for playtesting your puzzle game
Templates are a great way to spawn ideas, get started and figure out which direction to take when it comes to developing your game–no matter what stage it's in. We have taken inspiration from the thousands of post playtest surveys and stand alone surveys that we have run and, from all that knowledge and experience, created these templates to help any developers, game user researchers or others out there create surveys that can best provide feedback and insights into their games. However, one should remember: while templates are an excellent starting point, the best results often come from a combination of detailed (your game specific) structured feedback and open-ended generic (template) feedback, allowing your playtesters to inform you with their optimized and unique thoughts and observations.
And with our templates at your side, we hope we’re able to better equip you to gather valuable insights and make informed decisions throughout your game's development journey.
The Benefits of Using PlaytestCloud for Game Surveys
PlaytestCloud offers a solution that not only streamlines the feedback collection process but also provides valuable insights that can guide your decisions and ultimately lead to a more successful game. Here are just a few of the many reasons to run a survey with PlaytestCloud:
- Affordability: Surveys can save game studios from investing too heavily into products or ideas that don’t resonate with players, ensuring that both time and resources are invested wisely.
- Quick Results: Immediate access to a full survey report after each survey is completed, allowing for quicker iterative capabilities for each phase of game development.
- Versatility: Surveys can be used for various purposes, such as finding the best app icon, testing background stories, developing marketing material, and discovering new game ideas.
- Integration: Facilitate survey integrations with your favorite services, including Alchemer, Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, and Typeform.
Start Your Survey Today
At PlaytestCloud, we are committed to helping you create the best surveys for your game development needs. We understand that crafting the right questions can be daunting for new or inexperienced researchers, which is why we offer templates to make the process easier. Ready to start collecting valuable feedback for your game? Sign up now or head to our website if you already have a PlaytestCloud account.